Already a few months into the new year and I’ve not had a chance to update what the year turned out like for BigFish Recruiting in 2016…or other happenings in our work world.
- We began the new year by helping one of our hospital clients land a new Director of Information Technology – Construction role. The position was quite unique because the client is building out a new 700,000 plus foot tower expansion within it’s existing campus. This person really needed to know how to triage between the CIO, clinicians and assorted construction vendors. Such an individual … who knows blue prints, technology, greenfield development and more was quite a challenge. We recruited a top individual with prior award winning health system CIO exerience.
- We landed an order for a Director of Outpatient Cancer Center. Position was one of the hardest we’ve ever taken on due to some very unique aspects. We eventually did fill the position – in January of this year.
- Secured a Corporate level sponsorship in NCHIMSS (North Carolina Health Information Management System Society) for 2016. Attended several shows and made speaker introductions at a few of the events.
- Attended the National HIMSS NC/SC meet-up in Las Vegas to network with a number of sharp individuals.
- Landed and filled an order for two technology positions: Software Services Engineer and Jr. Web Developer.
- Landed a new client, Pfizer – who needed a HIT-KAM (health information technology key account manager) role filled. Picked this order up in November – filled the position in January 2017.
- Developed a beta new job board for hospital IT jobs – called hospitalitjobs.com. The site is currently running on http://jobs.hospitalitjobs.com and will be formally launched in early 2017. This site will be run and operated by BigFish Recruiting LLC. We see some nice synergies in the future here.
You may be aware that we also run and operate an employment website network. These sites include AshevilleJobs.com, LocalJobs.com and KnoxvilleJobs.com – all three were rebuilt and relaunched in 2016.
Suffice it to say….BUSY year. This year promises to bring many new challenges and opportunities. For those of us that are connected here or on LinkedIn – Happy New Year. I look forward to the opportunity of helping you find that great next step in your career – or as an employer finding key talent for your IT team.
All the Best….Brian Bowman